Safe, Secure, Reliable.
Safe, secure, reliable. When your religious organization makes ACH an option, it benefits you, your donors, and your mission.
What is ACH?
ACH is better known as Direct Deposit or Direct Payment and is used for depositing salaries and government benefits straight into bank accounts and for paying bills online. This trusted, secure payment method also is a great option for nonprofits to increase their donations and encourage ongoing giving. Using ACH, donors give to your organization directly from their checking or savings account, rather than using a check, cash or card.
How Does My Organization Benefit?
When your organization encourages ACH giving it reaps multiple benefits:
- Lower Costs: ACH is often less expensive to process than cards and checks. Check with your financial institution or platform provider.
- Ease of Giving: Even when they’re unable to attend services, worshipers can still give electronically.
- Ease of Receiving: Unlike cash or checks, ACH donations go directly into the organization’s bank account. There’s nothing to count and nothing to carry.
- Sustaining Donors: Those who are sustaining donors tend to remain as such for longer when they use ACH. Bank account numbers are far less likely to change than card numbers.
- Younger Donors: Younger people often don’t have checks and carry very little cash, but they are familiar with electronic payments.
- More Money for the Mission: With lower fees and a reliable donor stream, more of the money can go where it’s intended.
ACH Quick Start
Additional assistance getting started with ACH can be found using the ACH Quick Start, a tool for your religious organization to learn how to pay or get paid electronically using ACH.
Connect With Us
On occasion, we will publish updates and information in a newsletter -- sign up below. Additionally, follow #ACHGiving to stay up to date on how ACH can help your religious organization.