Safe, Secure, Reliable.
Safe, secure, reliable. When your religious organization makes electronic bank transfers an option, it benefits you, your donors and your mission.
How Do Electronic Transfers Work?
Electronic bank transfers are done over the ACH Network, which is best known for Direct Deposit and used for depositing salaries and government benefits straight into bank accounts. It's also known for paying bills online. This trusted, secure payment method also is a great option for nonprofits to increase their donations and encourage ongoing electronic giving. Using electronic bank transfers, donors give to your organization directly from their checking or savings account, rather than using a check, cash or card.
- Lowering Processing Costs. Electronic bank transfers are often less expensive to process than cards and checks, meaning more of each donation will go to the programs that donors care about and the overall mission. Ask your financial institution or platform provider for details.
- Making Receiving Donations a Snap. Unlike cash or checks, donations made by electronic bank transfers go directly into the organization’s bank or credit union account. There’s nothing to count or carry. electronic bank transfers also use bank-level encryption, protecting donors’ information rather than a check passing through multiple hands.
- Empowering Sustaining Donors. With recurring payments that are easy to update, donors can set up and control the amount and cadence of their donations. Donors tend to make regular continuous donations when using electronic bank transfers.
- Aligning with the Needs of Donors. People are increasingly not carrying checks or cash, but they are familiar with electronic payments. Plus, it’s easy to sign up.
Get Started with the ACH Toolkit
Our Toolkit has everything you need to get started with ACH Payments.
- FAQs: Learn more about accepting electronic bank transfers
- Religious Organization Success Story: Learn how a religious organization saw donations increase after accepting Direct Payments
- PowerPoint Template: Show the impact accepting Direct Payments can have
- Authorization Requirements – Learn what donor information you need when accepting Direct Payment
- Checklist – Straightforward steps to begin accepting Direct Payments
- Enrollment Form (Physical Form) – Template for in-person donation drives
- Enrollment Form (Digital Template) – Designed to help your organization accept Direct Donation on its website
Getting Donors on Board
- Pledge Letter/Email – Inform your donors about the benefits of Direct Payment, including recurring gifts
- Phone Script – The information you need to accept Direct Payments over the phone
- Social Media Messages – Let your donors know your organization accepts Direct Payments
- Messaging – Download all three of the getting donors on board documents
ACH Quick Start
Additional assistance getting started with electronic bank transfers can be found using the ACH Quick Start, a tool for your nonprofit to learn how to pay or get paid electronically.
Connect With Us
Sign up to receive occasional updates and information in a newsletter.