NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association, is a dynamic trade association located in Herndon, Virginia. NACHA facilitates the evolution and use of electronic payments by providing rules and standards leadership and other industry needs via its education, advocacy, inclusive engagement and dialogue. Through its collaborative self-governing model, NACHA manages the development, administration and rules for the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network – one of the largest, safest, and most reliable payment systems in the world. Annually, it supports more than 24 billion electronic payments, valued at more than $41 trillion. By universally connecting all financial institutions in the U.S., the Network supports consumer, business and government payments by moving money and information directly from one bank account to another through Direct Deposit and Direct Payment via ACH transactions.
The position of Assistant Director, Sales is part of NACHA’s Association Services Department and reports to the Director, Sales. The Assistant Director, Sales is responsible for the management and execution of sales of organizational enrollments in the NACHA Certified service, organizational memberships in the Payments Innovation Alliance program, Education Champion sponsorships, The Payments Institute sponsorships, Alliance sponsorships, ACH Rules advertising and assisting in the tracking, outreach and sales of Direct Financial institution memberships. The incumbent cultivates collaborative, professional working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
Manage the sales of organizational enrollments in NACHA Certified, an organizational certification program for Third-Party Senders, organizational memberships in the Payments Innovation Alliance program, Education Champion sponsorships, The Payments Institute sponsorships, Alliance sponsorships and ACH Rules advertising:
- Develop and maintain prospect lists with input from other areas of the organization.
- Develop and maintain sales activity reports.
- Contact and follow up with prospects via telephone, email and at in-person events and meetings; engage and coordinate with subject matter experts as applicable to close sales.
- Achieve established program sales goals.
- Work with group head to develop sales strategy, pricing and inform budget goals.
- Work with group head and communications and marketing area to develop collateral materials, messages and marketing plans.
- Assist Senior Director Member Engagement, Publications & Sales in identifying, tracking and following up on potential Direct Financial Institution Member prospects.
- Work with Manager, Event Sales & Management to generate new prospecting lists, maintain non-renewal lists, and update database as needed.
- Effectively manage external relationships. Must possess the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships. Must be committed to expanding professional knowledge and skill set by attending industry educational and networking events.
- Effectively manage relationships at senior, peer and subordinate levels across the organization.
- Respectfully interact with others with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Work well independently and with others.
- Execute sound judgment and discretion; exhibit strong professional ethics.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and sales goals.
- Limited clerical/support duties.
- Limited public speaking.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Successful time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Strong business acumen and “big picture” thinking.
- Organized, strong attention to detail.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to quality of work.
- Expert knowledge of exhibition industry.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- The incumbent has no direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years sales experience, proven track record.
- Membership/new product sales experience.
- Some domestic travel required.
- Occasional weekend/evening hours associated with major events.
- Previous financial services trade or industry association experience.
- Salary plus sales commission/bonus.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to NACHAJobs@nacha.org.
NACHA is an equal opportunity employer.