The NACHA Code of Conduct: Ensuring everyone’s right to succeed. Through integrity, professionalism and fairness, our Code of Conduct identifies the standards of behavior expected of our members, our various programs and any non-member organizations engaged in NACHA activities or providing services to NACHA.
Be in Good Standing
We do business according to the highest standards, both ethically and legally. In order to be in good standing under our Code of Conduct, your organization and representatives must:
- Adhere to the spirit and letter of all applicable regulations and laws including: antitrust, banking, privacy and other relevant laws.
- Avoid participation, or appearance of participation, in any criminal offense or professional misconduct.
- Conduct all activities and business in a professional manner that does not adversely affect the ACH Network.
- Remain current with all NACHA financial obligations.
- Comply with all applicable NACHA policies and procedures.
- Work together to promote the efficiency, reliability and security of the ACH Network.
NACHA reserves the right to disassociate itself from any organization that fails to abide by these principles or otherwise brings discredit to NACHA and/or the payments profession.
How You Can Help
The National System of Fines helps to resolve issues and maintain ACH Network quality through better compliance with the NACHA Operating Rules. Think you know of a potential Rules infraction? Submit the issue to NACHA. We’ll review the alleged infraction to address and resolve any issues.
Report a possible Rules violation
As a depository financial institution or ACH Operator, you can report any possible or suspected NACHA Operating Rules violations. If you are not a depository financial institution or Operator, please contact your financial institution to file on your behalf.