Job Title: Assistant Director, Compliance
Date: August 2022
Status: Full-time/ Exempt
Job Reports To: Senior Director of Compliance
This Assistant Director-level position is considered a part of Nacha’s Compliance Department and reports to the Senior Director of Compliance. The primary organizational objectives of this position are:
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Review files related to all submissions of Nacha Rules violations, and all violation levels, to determine if appropriate documentation was submitted
- Review denials to determine if financial institution’s case should be upheld or overturned, communicate with financial institution to provide response
- Prepare documents for monthly ACH Rules Enforcement Panel calls and provide support to team during call
- Manage the development of the monthly webpage containing ACH Rules Enforcement Panel materials by becoming proficient in using the Content Management System
- Assist team with day-to-day questions and assistance regarding violations, general compliance questions, procedural questions and priorities
- Work with team members to ensure work is being completed within the proper time frames and according to procedures
- Monitor case inventory and assess status of follow-up calls to ensure they are up-to-date and documented
- Respond to violation-related calls and emails from financial institutions
- Assist financial institutions with questions regarding whether a violation has occurred and how to submit violations to the compliance department
- Active participation in department meetings
- Analyze, contribute and maintain department procedures to ensure department runs smoothly and efficiently
- Write up summaries of complex cases to facilitate department evaluations
- Assist with the presentation of agenda items during monthly ACH Rules Enforcement Panel calls
- Act as a resource for other team members to assist with troubleshooting and addressing software or database issues as they arise
- Provide other support as needed to senior staff
The position of Assistant Director is one that offers growth opportunities to the candidate with demonstrated and consistent performance. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to balance working independently as well as within a team
- Willingness to work independently and with senior team members to further their knowledge of processes and procedures
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Professionalism and decorum
- Willingness to own responsibility for delivery of output
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Commitment to quality and focus on Member service
- Ability to remain positive, flexible, and enjoy challenges
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and light lifting of boxes is required. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Occasional business travel may be required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed and process-oriented
- Must be able to perform accurate data entry, perform content review and provide editorial review of various notifications and violation materials
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong people skills, with the ability to communicate information clearly via phone and in writing; this position requires substantial telephone and email communications with ACH Network users
- Manage a large volume of file processing in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be an Accredited ACH Professional, or be willing to prepare to take the annual AAP exam
History working in the financial services industry and/or with associations.
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to NachaJobs@nacha.org.
Nacha governs the thriving ACH Network, the payment system that drives safe, smart, and fast Direct Deposits and Direct Payments with the capability to reach all U.S. bank and credit union accounts. Nearly 27 billion ACH Network payments were made in 2020, valued at close to $62 trillion. Through problem-solving and consensus-building among diverse payment industry stakeholders, Nacha advances innovation and interoperability in the payments system. Nacha develops rules and standards, provides industry solutions, and delivers education, accreditation, and advisory services. To do all of this, we rely on the heart of Nacha – our people and Core Values.
Nacha Core Values
Nacha has had the distinct honor of being named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for four years in a row.
Being a team member of Nacha means adopting and living our Core Values. As the problem solvers and consensus builders who enable payments to securely reach virtually every American, WE ACHieve success through teamwork, commitment and innovative thinking.
To join Nacha is to exemplify our Core Values by: not sitting on the sidelines but being doers. We don’t shy away from tough problems or long odds — we do what is right, which may not be easy. We foster curiosity and embrace learning to broaden our expertise. We are each great, but together we are better and foster a respectful, diverse and inclusive work culture. And finally, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We bring our ‘A’ game and still have fun. We celebrate successes and have a friendly and fun work environment.
Nacha provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
Nacha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.