The Billing Specialist is responsible for invoicing and collecting payments for a company. Candidates use skills in project management, organization and communications to collect payments from clients and customers. Billing Specialist also track payments and initiate banking deposits. They may also oversee running reports that document changes in receivables and revenue for the organization.
Status: Part-time, exempt (32 hours/week and will follow the current mandatory work-from-home scheduling through September 2021 with potential to change thereafter to Remote-First)
Job Reports To: Senior Director, Finance
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Create invoices and other billing materials to be sent directly to a customer, registrant, or member
- Record new payment information observed from incoming mail and/or through previous day bank activity for incoming ACHs or Wires
- Initiate collections on past-due accounts through collaborating with project manager or directly with the past-due account owner (customer, registrant, or member)
- Inform team leaders (Director of Finance or Senior Director, Finance) and project manager of any missed or upcoming payment deadlines
- Receive incoming billing and invoicing-related mail
- Answer clients’ billing questions
- Process other billing adjustments such as transfers, substitutions, deferrals and refunds.
- Prepare daily transaction batches for import to the General Ledger for final financial reporting and analysis
Primary Nacha Programs for invoicing and collection:
- Event Registrations
- Accreditation/Exam registrations
- Publications Invoicing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and light lifting of boxes is required. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position will not have any direct reports.
No travel will be required.
Required Background / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Great organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Proficiency in relational Customer Resource Management (CRM) databases as well as experience with financial management software
A minimum of an Associate’s degree or training in accounting and billing
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to NachaJobs@nacha.org.
Nacha provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
Nacha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.