Job Title: Director, Cloud Solutions Architect
Date: November 2022
Department: Systems & Technology
Status: Full-time/Exempt/Remote First
Job Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
The Director, Cloud Solutions Architect, is the top-level Azure Cloud Architect with expertise in Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Application Development. As part of an expert team, this position is responsible for managing analysis, requirements building, planning and delivery of services to the MS Azure Cloud. This position is the primary Azure Cloud subject matter expert, expected to inform and develop architecture, usage, provisioning, and configure solutions. The Director, Cloud Solutions Architect should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Must have relevant Cloud certifications such as Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect or AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Expertise in Container Orchestration engine and have worked on containerization tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, and other technologies
- Expertise in writing Infrastructure as a code using Terraform and other tools
- Work closely with application owner, end-users, operations, and security leaders to ensure requirements are captured in the architecture design
- Deploy a dynamic and scalable Virtual environment, that includes, but is not limited to, virtualized networking, Virtual Machines, and WebApps, using static storage that will be retained through a reapply of the terraform state, using industry best practices for security and performance
- Deployment of Disaster Recovery/Failover Services for virtual environments to maintain a solution set that will meet SLA/DR RTO objectives
- Hands on experience and expertise with cloud technologies including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS (Azure, AWS)
- Demonstrate business acumen and is responsible for understanding the breadth and depth of client business processes, systems, and requirements
- Knowledge and experience of Azure DevOps/GitHub Actions best practices, models, and techniques for software development and deployments, ensuring security requirements are met inline of the deployments to production
- SQL and NoSQL experience in data manipulation and transformation with the use of ETL tools
- Web service experience using SOAP XML, REST JSON and other API integrations
- Responsible for facilitating discovery sessions to review current business processes/systems and document future-state architecture design solutions
- Understand the automation goals to support the development of software solutions to meet or exceed those goals
- Architect software solutions using Microsoft Azure and 365 technologies to build data stores, user interfaces, and approvals/workflows consistent with needs and project objectives using various tools like Power Platform, Azure Functions, Power Automate, and others
- Good understanding of SAST, DAST, Qualys, Defender for Cloud and other security, monitoring tools.
- Good understanding of various security and compliance postures like NIST800-53.
- Prior experience implementing a Cloud migration project a plus
- Must be able to work in a self-directed capacity and has experience interfacing with Executive Leadership
- Good understanding of Agile, Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence
- Ability to influence strategic discussions and establish a “trusted advisor” relationship
- Quick learner and able to adapt with changing cloud and Infrastructure industry
- Required to have good documentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Full understanding of Automation, integration with upstream and downstream applications and/or processes.
- Blockhain/hyper-ledger knowledge is a plus
- Perform other duties as assigned
None at this time.
Some domestic travel may be required.
Required Background / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Desired Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Hands on experience on Linux, Windows, Azure Cloud shell, PowerShell, bash and other scripting languages
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience with Azure Cloud Computing
- 3 years DevSecOps experience and CI/CD
- 5 years of experience with O365, MS Apps and Azure services.
- 2 + years of experience in Kubernetes
- Create scripts and templates for automatic provisioning of resources
- Enjoy learning new technologies quickly
- Design and Deploy Cloud services in a high-performance production environment
- Ability to work independently on project tasks
- Ability to talk to the progress and results of a project
- Provide solutions to complex problems
- Support the organization and assist in establishing and implementing a vision, roadmap, and governance to address present business needs and support future growth
The position of Director, Cloud Solutions Architect, is one that offers growth opportunities to the incumbent commensurate with demonstrated and consistent performance. The incumbent shall be able to excel in a dynamic environment with a myriad of competing priorities and demands. Beyond subject matter and functional mastery, the successful incumbent shall demonstrate:
- Leadership inside/outside Nacha
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to own responsibility for delivery of key value
- Balance between independence/self-starter and a team player
- Professionalism and decorum
- Commitment to quality and focus on members/customers
College degree or equivalent work experience in computer science or similar with demonstrated content, program or project management skills.
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to NachaJobs@nacha.org.
Nacha governs the thriving ACH Network, the payment system that drives safe, smart, and fast Direct Deposits and Direct Payments with the capability to reach all U.S. bank and credit union accounts. Nearly 27 billion ACH Network payments were made in 2020, valued at close to $62 trillion. Through problem-solving and consensus-building among diverse payment industry stakeholders, Nacha advances innovation and interoperability in the payments system. Nacha develops rules and standards, provides industry solutions, and delivers education, accreditation, and advisory services. To do all of this, we rely on the heart of Nacha – our people and Core Values.
Nacha Core Values
Nacha has had the distinct honor of being named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for four years in a row.
Being a team member of Nacha means adopting and living our Core Values. As the problem solvers and consensus builders who enable payments to securely reach virtually every American, WE ACHieve success through teamwork, commitment and innovative thinking.
To join Nacha is to exemplify our Core Values by: not sitting on the sidelines but being doers. We don’t shy away from tough problems or long odds — we do what is right, which may not be easy. We foster curiosity and embrace learning to broaden our expertise. We are each great, but together we are better and foster a respectful, diverse and inclusive work culture. And finally, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We bring our ‘A’ game and still have fun. We celebrate successes and have a friendly and fun work environment.
Nacha provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
Nacha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.