Department: Association Services
Job Reports To: Managing Director, Association Services
The Director, Education & Accreditation is responsible for the management of content development, speaker recruitment and relations, and related program management across Nacha educational offerings; identification and development of new revenue-producing vehicles; and management, development, and growth of professional accreditation programs.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Full oversight for Webinar/LMS (SPEAK) programs including content development, budgeting, speaker recruitment, event production, and liaising with marketing to create promotional materials and promote offerings and manage relationship with Payments Associations (PA) and Direct FI Member contacts to oversee webinar and SPEAK comp and bulk registration programs.
- Establish relationships with potential marketing and content partners for the SPEAK program.
- Interact with HumRRO, PA contacts and AAP Blue Ribbon Panel members to create items for the AAP exam. Work with HumRRO to compile exam form and set exam cut score.
- Interact with HumRRO, PA contacts and APRP Oversight Committee members to create items for the APRP exam. Work with HumRRO to compile exam form and set exam cut score.
- Manage the AAP and APRP PA Train the Trainer Task Forces to include assigning and managing volunteer responsibilities, collecting deliverables on time and making materials available on various platforms.
- Research, develop and implement new technology to create and/or evaluate new revenue opportunities for distance learning including webinar platforms, virtual conferencing options and broadcast simulcasts.
- Develop and manage program content and meeting/program agendas with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ensure a high level of quality in program content and delivery; infusing new components and attributes to meet evolving market needs, segments, expectations, and practices in order to sustain long-term program viability.
- Manage up to 75 percent of the concurrent session offerings for Payments to include topic identification, session development, speaker and SME recruitment, speaker relationship management and acting as on-site contact for speakers and other elements as assigned. Full responsibility for oversight of conference mobile app.
- Manage relationships with virtual applications companies and manage content control for conference mobile and virtual apps.
- Review, proofread and provide thoughtful commentary on marketing pieces and other conference-related documents for annual conference and other programs/events.
- Research, evaluate and implement event/speaker evaluation tools, analyze and provide reporting on evaluations for multiple programs for current year and year over year trends.
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks, executing strong organizational skills and meeting defined deadlines.
- Work with Sales Department contacts to identify potential sponsorship opportunities and liaise with sponsoring companies to ensure webinar-related contract fulfillment.
- Decision-making and signing authority commensurate with position level.
None at this time.
Some domestic travel is required.
Required Background / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Balanced understanding of the ACH Network, Nacha Operating Rules, and underlying business issues affecting Nacha, its Direct Members, financial institutions of all sizes and types, business end-users, solution providers, technology enablers, and other innovators.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, with solid public speaking skills and an ability to professionally and persuasively communicate with senior industry executives.
- Strong business and financial management acumen; ability to develop and manage the budget and understand the impact of a positive return for incremental spending.
- Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks, executing strong organizational skills, and meeting defined deadlines.
- Ability to professionally and respectfully interact with others with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems to meet objectives, coupled with the ability to work and manage effectively as part of cross-functional teams.
- Executing sound judgment, discretion, and professional standards.
- Understanding and contributing to the department’s strategic direction.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a high level of professionalism, exhibiting proactivity and follow through, in a dynamic and high-profile environment.
- Superior time management and organization skills.
- Self-starter with a well-developed aptitude for leading, building, and participating in teams.
- Ability to embrace and apply the association’s core values.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook proficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Success Factors and Essential Mental Functions
The position of Director, Education & Accreditation is one that offers growth opportunities to the incumbent commensurate with demonstrated and consistent performance. The incumbent shall be able to excel in a dynamic environment with a myriad of competing priorities and demands. Beyond subject matter and functional mastery, the successful incumbent shall demonstrate:
- Leadership inside/outside Nacha
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to own responsibility for delivery of key value
- Balance between independence/self-starter and a team player
- Professionalism and decorum
- Commitment to quality and focus on members/customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and light lifting of boxes and conference materials is required. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Ability to navigate through in-person venues also required.
College degree or equivalent work experience in the association, financial services, technology or education industry, with demonstrated content, program or project management skills. AAP and/or APRP accreditations or willingness to pursue accreditations. Experience with HTML, netFORUM by Abila experience preferred and experience with LMS system management a plus.
Nacha provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to NachaJobs@nacha.org
Nacha governs the thriving ACH Network, the payment system that drives safe, smart, and fast Direct Deposits and Direct Payments with the capability to reach all U.S. bank and credit union accounts. Nearly 27 billion ACH payments were made in 2020, valued at close to $62 trillion. Through problem-solving and consensus-building among diverse payment industry stakeholders, Nacha advances innovation and interoperability in the payments system. Nacha develops rules and standards, provides industry solutions, and delivers education, accreditation, and advisory services.
Nacha Core Values
Nacha has had the distinct honor of being named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for three years in a row.
Being a team member of Nacha means adopting and living our Core Values. As the problem solvers and consensus builders who enable payments to securely reach virtually every American, WE ACHieve success through teamwork, commitment and innovative thinking.
To join Nacha is to exemplify our Core Values by not sitting on the sidelines but being doers. We don’t shy away from tough problems or long odds - we do what is right, which may not be easy. We foster curiosity and embrace learning to broaden our expertise. We are each great, but together we are better and foster a respectful, diverse, and inclusive work culture. And finally, we don’t take ourselves (too) seriously. We bring our ‘A’ game and still have fun. We celebrate successes and have a friendly and fun work environment.
Nacha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.