The Senior Director & Group Manager, Association Services, manages the core membership, conference, education and professional certification programs and teams including:
- Nacha Direct Membership
- Payments Innovation Alliance
- Affiliate Program
- Annual Payments Conference
- Payments Institute
- Webinars / Distance Learning
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) Program
- Accredited Payments Risk Professional (APRP) Program
- Publications Program
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Managing growth, profitability and direction of existing and new programs and related projects/activities in alignment with approved budgets and organization strategies
- Ensuring a high level of quality in program content and delivery; infusing new components and attributes to meet evolving market needs, segments, expectations and practices in order to sustain long-term program viability
- Managing conference and meeting planning services to ensure the delivery of logistics planning and support that adheres to budgetary parameters, and enables the organization to meet evolving user experience and industry expectations and practices
- Cultivating mutually beneficial relations with, and managing the delivery and evolution of member benefits for differentiated member classes, groups and other key stakeholders and contributors in support of organization strategies and goals
- Identifying, understanding and responding to key program inflection points to proactively adjust activities, priorities and resources in consultation with executive management
- Managing and developing effective teams; talent development and coaching
- Defining and communicating clear value propositions and ensuring delivery as such across programs
- Leading and ensuring fluid and responsive collaboration of program staff with sales and marketing areas in the development and execution of outreach campaigns and activities
The incumbent manages a department of talented professionals consisting of direct reports and aligned team members. In addition, the incumbent works cross-functionally with product and program owners across the organization.
Frequent domestic and occasional international travel is required to attend meetings.
Required Background / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possess or acquire solid understanding of the ACH Network, Nacha Operating Rules, and underlying business issues affecting Nacha, its Direct Members, and diverse industry stakeholders
- Solid understanding of organization’s education, professional certification, publications and membership programs, and their positioning and value relative to those of competing organizations, and the relevant business environment dynamics
- Staying informed of and applying knowledge of evolving industry practices, customer expectations and the use of technology to support, evolve and enhance offerings
- Strong business and financial management acumen; ability to develop and manage to budget and understand the impact of a positive return for incremental spending
- Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks, executing strong organizational skills and meeting defined deadlines.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, with solid public speaking skills and an ability to professionally and persuasively communicate with senior industry executives
- Ability to professionally and respectfully interact with others with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and solve problems to meet objectives, coupled with the ability to work and manage effectively as part of cross-functional teams
- Executing sound judgment, factual decision making, discretion and professional standards
- Understanding and contributing to the organization’s strategic direction
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a high level of professionalism, exhibiting proactivity and follow through, in a dynamic and high-profile environment
- Superior time management and organization skills
- Self-starter with a well-developed aptitude for leading, building, and participating in teams
- Ability to embrace and apply the organization’s core values
As an ambassador of Nacha, the incumbent shall:
- Advocate for Nacha and ACH Network strategies and objectives with Direct Members and other industry stakeholders. Effectively manage relationships at a senior, peer and subordinate levels across the organization
- Develop strong industry business and member relationships
- Maintain an organizational perspective across lines of business and services and demonstrate an ability to manage evolving and shifting priorities
- Possess or acquire a general and strategic knowledge of Nacha and the ACH Network and communicate that knowledge consistently and effectively to the Membership, industry, and staff
- Demonstrate comfort in managing large, diverse groups in highly visible business environments
- Possess a collaborative work style and consensus-building skills while remaining decisive and goal-oriented as circumstances demand
- Exhibit the personal management capacity and experience to quickly earn the trust of Direct Members, industry stakeholders, and staff in an environment of change while empowering and equipping them to be more accountable and collaborative
The position is one that offers professional development opportunities commensurate with demonstrated and consistent performance. The Senior Director & Group Manager, Association Services, should be able to excel in a dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities and demands. Beyond subject matter and functional mastery, the successful individual shall demonstrate:
- A strong executive presence
- Leadership inside/outside Nacha
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to own responsibility for delivery of key value
- Balance between independence/self-starter and a team player
- Professionalism and decorum
- Commitment to quality and a focus on Member service
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience preferably in a trade association.
Named as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia in 2019, Nacha provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
If you are curious and love to learn new things and would like to be a part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to NachaJobs@nacha.org.
Nacha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.