Posted April, 4 2017
Online voting for the winner of the NACHA Excellence in Payments Award now open; voting for NACHA Challenge Award will take place on site at PAYMENTS 2017
HERNDON, Va., April 4, 2017 – NACHA—The Electronic Payments Association® announced today the finalists for the 2017 Payments Awards, which celebrate proven accomplishment and leadership in the payments industry and recognize and reward the payments innovations defining the future. The Payments Awards, for which NACHA received three dozen proposals for consideration from payments industry participants, include the NACHA Excellence in Payments Award and the NACHA Challenge Award.
“We had an excellent turnout of candidates for the 2017 Payments Awards, which made for a very competitive process,” said Janet O. Estep, president and CEO of NACHA. “We appreciate all of the participation from within the payments ecosystem and beyond as solution providers and strategic thinkers have found innovative ways to meet the needs of a changing payments industry.”
The payments community will have an opportunity to help determine the winners of the 2017 Payments Awards through online and mobile app voting. Winners of the Awards will be announced on Tuesday, April 25, during the NACHA Payments Awards Luncheon, which is sponsored by TD Bank, during PAYMENTS 2017. The conference, which is the definitive destination for faster payments education, will take place April 23-26 in Austin, Texas. Online registration for PAYMENTS is available here.
The NACHA Excellence in Payments Award
The NACHA Excellence in Payments Award honors an individual or organization that has shown superior leadership and accomplishment in the development, implementation or advancement of domestic or international electronic payments.
The finalists are:
- Chargebacks911 is the first global company fully dedicated to mitigating chargeback risk and eliminating chargeback fraud. The company, which has powered more than $1 billion in revenue recovery, is credited with developing effective strategies for helping online merchants maximize revenue and fight fraud.
- Earthport plays a pivotal role in facilitating high volumes of lower value cross-border payments for banks and businesses, providing them with a more cost-efficient, transparent and reliable solution for managing payments internationally.
- TableSafe is transforming the way restaurants and other hospitality venues complete their service through a secure and innovative payment platform that enables guests to fully execute the payment process at the table while maintaining control of their identity at all times.
All industry participants will have an opportunity to help determine the winner for this award through online voting now through Monday, April 24. Vote now.
The NACHA Challenge
The NACHA Challenge Award rewards a team or group of individuals developing new ways to leverage Same Day ACH to create innovative solutions to improve efficiencies and added capabilities within the payments system. Finalists are competing to win up to $25,000 in prize money.
Finalist teams are:
Team Key Corp for its ACH Syndication solution
- ACH Syndication would create a single, simple point for large ACH Originators to fully utilize the benefits of Same Day ACH, through a single point of access, funds consolidation, and reporting. Proposal submitted by Key Bank.
Team Levvel Payments for its Simple ACH Payment solution
- Simple ACH Payment API is the creation of a set of APIs that banks can offer to their customers (or embed in other products) that allows the customer to create a properly formatted ACH file, including all the needed payment instructions. Proposal submitted by Levvel.
Team lienwaivers.io for its DIY Same Day ACH solution
- DIY Same Day ACH is a cloud-based SaaS application that enables business owners to easily deploy Same Day ACH through their existing bank portal. Proposal submitted by lienwaivers.io.
NACHA Challenge finalists will present their proposals on Monday, April 24, at PAYMENTS 2017. All conference attendees are welcome to attend. Voting will take place on site via the NACHA PAYMENTS 2017 Mobile App, sponsored by Transactis.
Follow NACHA on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. The conference hashtag is #PAYMENTS2017. Also, visit https://payments.nacha.org/ to further explore what PAYMENTS has to offer in 2017.
About PAYMENTS 2017
PAYMENTS 2017, the definitive destination for faster payments, is taking place April 23-26 at the Austin Convention Center in Texas. The conference is a proven, well-respected, and powerful event that provides attendees with the latest research, insights, trends and forecasts to support and drive payments innovation. This year, NACHA introduces the Faster Payments Experience, a consummate educational opportunity encompassing sessions and solutions that focus on real-time, same-day and other faster payments initiatives. Additional content is organized along five tracks — ACH; Risk & Compliance; Trending Now; Corporate & End-User Perspectives; and Payments Evolution — to address the topics of today that are impacting the payments space. The conference also offers a dynamic Exhibit Hall featuring top products and services shaping the future of payments. Registration is now open. To learn more about PAYMENTS 2017, visit payments.nacha.org.