Posted August, 31 2017
NACHA Presents Strategic Direction Statements for the ACH Network and Organization
HERNDON, Va., Sept. 1, 2017 – NACHA—The Electronic Payments Association® today announced several staff changes and realignment of key areas of responsibility to support new and continued areas of focus for the organization resulting from strategic planning. Key changes ensure dedicated, clear focus on initiatives that reduce friction and increase utilization of the ACH Network, while working to strategically expand and diversify the organization.
Under NACHA President and CEO Janet O. Estep’s continued leadership, Jane Larimer was named chief operating officer, a new position in the organization, effective Sept. 1, 2017. Ms. Larimer will also continue in her role as general counsel, and will report to Ms. Estep.
Commenting on the new role, Ms. Estep stated, “Jane’s leadership experience coupled with her vast knowledge of the ACH Network and the needs of our Members and the industry make her the right person to lead a broader set of NACHA’s operations.”
Prior to her appointment, Ms. Larimer was executive vice president of ACH Network Services and general counsel with responsibilities for all activities that support NACHA’s role as administrator of the ACH Network and legal oversight for the NACHA Operating Rules.
Other notable changes include:
- Michael Herd has been named senior vice president, ACH Network Administration from senior managing director, ACH Network Rules. Mr. Herd will oversee the Rules and Risk functions and will continue to report to Ms. Larimer.
- Jeanette Blanco has joined NACHA to serve as associate general counsel, reporting to Ms. Larimer. Ms. Blanco has a stellar reputation in both the legal and payments industry with many years of experience having worked for both a financial institution and fintech company.
- Also reporting to Ms. Larimer will be Senior Vice President of Association Services Scott Lang, AAP and Senior Director & Group Manager of Communications & Marketing Victoria Day.
- Managing Director, Network Development & Strategic Initiatives George Throckmorton will now report to Ms. Estep, continuing work on key network development initiatives including API development, Elevation consultative services, and corporate strategic relations.
Along with organizational adjustments, NACHA’s Board of Directors approved new Strategic Direction Statements for the ACH Network and NACHA:
- The ACH Network enables end users to easily make payments through a high-quality, ubiquitous payment system that securely and efficiently moves money and information directly from one bank account to another.
- NACHA enables financial services industry stakeholders to shape and benefit from common rules sets and standards for ACH and other transaction types through its expertise in convening diverse parties in rulemaking, standards development, governance and education.