Posted February, 25 2015
Will Explore Issues Including Faster Payments, Cyber Threats and Next Steps for ISO 20022 in the US
HERNDON, Va., February 25, 2015 – NACHA—The Electronic Payments Association today announced its Payments Innovation Alliance will host a members meeting in Los Angeles on March 3-5, 2015. Launched last year, the Alliance is a membership group that encourages industry dialogue and collaboration to help advance domestic and global payments.
During the meeting, Alliance members will discuss a variety of payments-related topics. Key topics include:
- Real Time in Real Life – A member collaboration session featuring small group discussions on the end-user impact of real-time messaging for specific use cases.
- Moving Payments Faster – NACHA’s Proposal for Same Day ACH – An in-depth look at the proposal, including key use cases for consumer and business payments, and a discussion of initial industry comments from the recently completed request for comment phase.
- Cyber Threats – A Global View – An overview of global activity and trends related to cyber threats, hacks and breaches, and a look at coordination efforts to address such concerns.
- Third-Party Senders – A discussion of a new NACHA proposal to develop a rules-based third-party sender registration program and the future development of a voluntary certification program.
- Leveraging Mobile for ACH – An overview of a soon-to-be-released position paper from the Alliance that will explore the use of mobile devices in ACH transactions.
- Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System – What’s Next? – A follow-up discussion to the February release of the Fed’s paper that encourages improvement to the payment system. Claudia Swendseid, senior vice president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, will lead the dialogue.
Members of the media interested in attending the “Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System – What’s Next?” session with Claudia Swendseid of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis on Thursday, March 5, at 8:30 a.m. in Los Angeles should contact NACHA at (703) 561-3925 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Payments Innovation Alliance
The Payments Innovation Alliance brings together diverse, global stakeholders to support payments innovation, collaboration, and results through discussion, debate, education, networking, and special projects that support the ACH Network and the payments industry worldwide. By organizing content and focus across all payment areas, including emerging payment technologies, electronic billing and presentment, mobile, payment security/risk, check conversion and global payments, the Alliance seeks to grow and advance payments and payments technology to better meet and serve the needs of the evolving industry. For more information and to learn how to join, visit https://alliance.nacha.org.