FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nacha’s Board of Directors Elects New Officers
HERNDON, Va., February 14, 2013 – Nacha — The Electronic Payments Association today announced the election of new officers to its Board of Directors, effective immediately. The Board consists of 19 voting members representing a diverse set of depository financial institutions of all sizes and types that utilize the ACH Network across the country.
The elected officers will serve a two-year term:
Pat Thelen, executive vice president, Treasury Management, Capital Markets & International Banking, UMB Bank, n.a., Nacha Chairperson
Colleen J. Taylor, executive vice president, Treasury Management, Capital One, Nacha Vice Chairperson
Russell K. Oatman, senior vice president, Corporate Treasury Services Group, First National Bank of Omaha, Nacha Secretary/Treasurer
“Nacha’s Board of Directors serves as a valuable voice for the industry, guiding and advancing ACH Network initiatives for the benefit of all participants,” said Pat Thelen. “It is an honor to be elected once again to serve as chair of this important group. Nacha’s Board provides leadership and direction around the new opportunities and emerging developments in ACH payments, and I look forward to leading the strategic dialogue to continue to move the ACH Network and the payments industry forward.”
Thelen brings broad payments industry and financial management experience to his role as Nacha chairperson. Currently, as executive vice president at UMB Bank, N.A., he is responsible for treasury management sales and products; international services; and capital markets, which include overseeing client management and service; product innovation and delivery; risk; and compliance. Previously he served as managing director for J. P. Morgan’s Treasury Services. Thelen is involved in various industry organizations and has served on the WesPay Board of Directors, EPN Business Committee, FedACH Product Advisory Group, and the Federal Reserve’s Cash Advisory Council and Emerging Payments Subcommittee. Thelen’s tenure on Nacha’s Board began in January 2010.
Nacha Vice Chairperson, Colleen Taylor, serves as executive vice president of Treasury Management and Enterprise Payments at Capital One, where she is responsible for managing a geographically diverse group of Treasury Management teams that provide product development, management, sales, implementation, and servicing in support the bank’s real estate, middle market, small business and private banking groups. In addition, she works with all lines of business to ensure the development of coordinated payments strategies across the company and the continued execution of an effective payments governance and risk management framework. Previously, Taylor held the position of senior vice president, Global Payments & Liquidity Services at Wachovia Bank, where she led Wachovia`s Liquidity Management strategic efforts. Taylor begins her tenure on the Board this year.
Russell K. Oatman, Nacha secretary/treasurer, serves as senior vice president at First National Bank of Omaha where he leads the Corporate Treasury Services Group. Oatman oversees business and product development for domestic and international payments solutions, customer implementations, and customer care. He is the immediate past chairperson of the EPCOR board, serves on the Federal Reserve Payments Advisory Board for the tenth Federal Reserve District, and is active in other industry groups and committees. Oatman’s tenure on Nacha’s Board began in January 2011.
“We are pleased to welcome the new officers and members of Nacha’s Board of Directors,” said Janet O. Estep, Nacha president and CEO. “These individuals are central to the success of Nacha and the ACH Network, and their experience and expertise will be invaluable as the Network continues to grow and enable innovation that strengthens the industry.”
In addition to the newly elected officers, the Board welcomes three new members:
- Richard Burke, Jr., executive vice president, Corporate Products & Services, TD Bank, N.A.
- Sayantan Chakraborty, managing director, North America head of payments, Citibank, N.A.
- Craig Vaream, managing director, product executive, J.P. Morgan
These individuals join the existing members of the Board who include the following:
- Elliot H. Berman, senior vice president, general counsel, chief risk manager & secretary, Johnson Financial Group
- Janet Boyst, executive vice president, Operations & Technology, Atlantic Capital Bank
- Mary Burchette, senior vice president, Global Treasury Management, U.S. Bank
- Robert D. Edwards, executive vice president, PNC Bank
- Janet O. Estep, president & CEO, Nacha
- Chet Kimmell, president & CEO, Neighborhood Credit Union
- Judy D. Long, executive vice president & COO, First Citizens National Bank
- John E. Lucas, CCM, managing director, Treasury Services, BNY Mellon
- Cynthia Murray, head, Global Payment & Channel Solutions, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Rick Rhoads, senior vice president, State Employees' Credit Union
- William J. Schoch, president & CEO, Western Payments Alliance
- Dennis Simmons, AAP, president & CEO, SWACHA – The Electronic Payments Resource
- Amy Smith, AAP, CAE, president & CEO, The Payments Authority, Inc.
- David Willis, senior vice president, Debit Cards & Funds Services, Navy Federal Credit Union
The Board of Directors is the governing body of Nacha and provides guidance on the direction and management of Nacha’s strategic initiatives. Their responsibilities include ensuring efficient organizational planning, providing fiscal accountability, and acting in the best interests of Nacha and its members. Directors help identify and support the interests of Nacha and the ACH Network for the benefit of all its participants.