Recorded Oct 28, 2021
Recording access valid until April 29, 2022
Recording access purchases are final
Did you know that a new Nacha Operating Rule pertaining to warranty claims became effective in June? Did you know it limits the length of time in which a Receiving Depository Financial Institution (RDFI) is permitted to make a claim against an Originating Depository Financial Institution (ODFI) for breach of its warranty that an ACH entry was authorized?
For ODFIs, it provides greater certainty surrounding the liability for processed transactions. And, RDFIs may need to adjust their procedures for asserting claims for breach of authorization warranties to ensure compliance under the new Rule.
In this webinar, our panel of industry attorneys will talk about the Rule, the applicable time limits to consumer and non-consumer accounts, how those limits relate to other laws and regulations – including Regulation E, and the steps a financial institution should take to implement and respond to warranty claims.
- Nacha Operating Rules and Regulation E time periods relate to consumer transactions
- The shift in liability from ODFI/Originator to RDFI/Receiver for older transactions might impact your organization
- Breach of warranty claims are made and resolved outside the ACH Network.
Associate, Ballard Spahr
Assistant General Counsel, J.P. Morgan
Jeanette Hait Blanco
General Counsel, Nacha
Want the Member rate? Make sure you are logged in before purchase. Not a member? Learn more and become a member of one of our membership programs.
- Nacha Direct Member
- Payments Innovation Alliance Member
- Afinis Interoperability Standards Member
- Affiliate Program Member
- Nacha also extends member benefits to any member of a Payments Association.
To access the member rate, obtain your Member Discount Code (MDC) from your Payments Association
Shipping and Returns
- 1–5 items
- 6–10 items
- 11–15 items
- 16+ and International
- please call for quote 1-800-487-9180
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days for a full refund to the address below:
Nacha Payments Publications
2550 Wasser Terrace, Suite 400,
Herndon, VA 20171 USA