Recorded August 30, 2022
Recording access valid until March 2, 2023
Recording access purchases are final
Regulation J provides the legal framework for depository institutions to collect checks and other items and to settle balances through the Federal Reserve System. The regulation also specifies terms and conditions under which Federal Reserve Banks will process funds transfers via Fedwire. With the addition of their FedNowSM service, scheduled to go live in 2023, the Federal Reserve has issued new rules that will govern transfers over the service.
Speakers on this session will set the stage by providing a general overview of the funds flow, settlement, terminology and parties involved in a FedNow transfer, and how these transfers compare to other similar services. Speakers will also discuss who is covered by Regulation J, key requirements for each party, and the interplay between UCC 4a and Reg E with regard to consumer FedNow transfers.
Gain Insight & Understanding
During this webinar, you will learn:
- The terminology and parties involved in a FedNow transfer, and how funds flow and settle through the service
- The Reg J amendments affecting FedNow, and how they work alongside UCC 4A and Reg E
- Key requirements for each party covered by Regulation J, and how to remain compliant
Senior Associate, Alston & Bird LLP
Mary Gilmeister, AAP, NCP
*This webinar is eligible for 1.2 AAP/APRP continuing education credits.
Want the Member rate? Make sure you are logged in before purchase. Not a member? Learn more and become a member of one of our membership programs.
- Nacha Direct Member
- Payments Innovation Alliance Member
- Afinis Interoperability Standards Member
- Affiliate Program Member
- Nacha also extends member benefits to any member of a Payments Association.
To access the member rate, obtain your Member Discount Code (MDC) from your Payments Association
Shipping and Returns
- 1–5 items
- 6–10 items
- 11–15 items
- 16+ and International
- please call for quote 1-800-487-9180
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days for a full refund to the address below:
Nacha Payments Publications
2550 Wasser Terrace, Suite 400,
Herndon, VA 20171 USA