Nacha Announces New Board Officers and Directors for 2022
Nacha today announced its 2022 Board of Directors. These Board members are all senior executives representing different sizes and types of financial institutions that utilize the ACH Network and who bring diversity in thought, experience and perspective to Nacha.
The Board provides strategic guidance and oversight both for the ACH Network and for Nacha as an industry association. Seven senior executives began their terms as Nacha Board Directors on Jan. 1, 2022. These individuals include two current Directors who return to the Board for another term and five individuals who are new to the Nacha Board. Unless specified, Directors serve a three-year term.
"Nacha Board members bring their astute insights and unique viewpoints to keep the modern ACH Network thriving and keep our association strong," said Nacha President and CEO Jane Larimer. "We appreciate the commitments from the new and re-elected members of the Board. Their experience, skills and background will further Nacha's focus on advancing innovation and interoperability in the payments system."
Additionally, for 2022, Joe W. Hussey, Managing Director at J.P. Morgan, will stay on as Chairperson, and Laura J. Listwan, AAP, CTP, Senior Vice President, Head of Commercial Payments Products and Service, Fifth Third Bank, will continue as Vice Chairperson. The Board elected John E. Lucas, CCM, Treasury & Payments Solutions Director of Product Management and Development, Synovus Financial Corporation, as Secretary/Treasurer.
"I look forward to the ongoing work with my fellow Board Members and Nacha staff as we ensure the ACH Network remains a vital part of our nation's payments system," said Hussey. "I’m honored to again serve with this passionate group of professionals to ensure the ACH Network continues to meet the payments needs of the many individuals and businesses who rely on it.”
The five Nacha Board members that recently began their terms are Lucas as well as:
- Jeanine M. Andol-Moeller, CCM, Group Vice President & Banking Services COE Manager, M&T Bank (one-year term)
- Lisa S. Coffey, Chief Innovation Officer, Corporate America Credit Union
- Elizabeth A. Cronenweth, AAP, CCM, Senior Vice President, Payments Group Product Manager, UMB Bank, N.A.
- Christopher E. Richards, APRP, Executive Vice President, Chief Banking Services Officer, The Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank
In addition to Hussey and Listwan, the returning Nacha Board members are:
- Marlene Barkheimer, President & Chief Executive Officer, Farmers State Bank
- Sarah T. Billings, Senior Vice President, Head of Payments Product, Operations & Strategy, Treasury Management, PNC Bank
- Nicholas J. Drinkwine, APRP, Head of Transaction Operations, Varo Bank, N.A.
- Vikram Israni, Chief Financial Officer, Wings Financial Credit Union
- Tina M. Knapp, CPA, Vice President & Director, Payments & Service Support, ESL Federal Credit Union
- Stephen C. Max, Executive Vice President, Head of Operations Services, U.S. Bank
- AJ McCray, Managing Director, Head of Global Corporate Payments, Bank of America, N.A.
- Tim Mills, Senior Vice President, Emerging Payments, Regions Bank
- Philip C. Picillo, Esq., CTP, Senior Vice President, Treasury & Payment Solutions, Webster Bank
- William J. Schoch, President & Chief Executive Officer, Wespay
- Carl Slabicki, AAP, CTP, Managing Director, Treasury Services, BNY Mellon
- Michelle E. Ziolkowski, CTP, Senior Vice President, Head of Global Payables, Wells Fargo
The ACH Operator Advisor Representatives to the Board are:
- Jason Carone, AAP, APRP, CTP, Senior Vice President, ACH Product Management, The Clearing House
- Keith Melton, Head of Product & Strategy Management, Retail Payments Office, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Nacha governs the thriving ACH Network, the payment system that drives safe, smart, and fast Direct Deposits and Direct Payments with the capability to reach all U.S. bank and credit union accounts. Nearly 27 billion ACH Network payments were made in 2020, valued at close to $62 trillion. Through problem-solving and consensus-building among diverse payment industry stakeholders, Nacha advances innovation and interoperability in the payments system. Nacha develops rules and standards, provides industry solutions, and delivers education, accreditation, and advisory services.