Join with other leading Financial Institutions members to shape and influence the governance and direction of the ACH Network and the Nacha Operating Rules. Through cross-industry cooperation, innovation and collaboration, Nacha’s Direct Financial Institution Members are committed to shaping the future of the ACH Network.
Direct Financial Institution members are active participants in Nacha’s efforts to educate and advocate for the ACH Network with regulators, legislators, and other stakeholder organizations whose policies affect the payments system. These efforts help increase understanding of the role financial institutions play in the payments system and help them serve their customers more effectively.
Current Direct Financial Institution Members
American Express National Bank
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
BMO Harris Bank
Citizens Financial Group
Discover Financial Services, Inc.
Fifth Third Bank
First PREMIER Bank
Huntington National Bank
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
Merrick Bank Corporation
MUFG Union Bank N.A.
Navy Federal Credit Union
Regions Financial Corporation
Silicon Valley Bank
TCF National Bank
TD Bank, N.A.
UMB Bank, N.A.
What Organizations are Eligible for Membership?
Any federally insured depository financial institution, that is a member of any Nacha Payments Association can join.
A Direct Financial Institution Membership Includes the Following Benefits:
- Vote directly on Nacha Operating Rules ballots and participate in the Nacha rulemaking process
- Lead and participate in the Payments Innovation Alliance, committees and initiatives
- Nominate, elect and serve on Nacha’s Board of Directors to help provide vision and leadership for the ACH Network and Nacha’s future
- Contribute to Nacha’s efforts to educate and advocate for the ACH Network with regulators, legislators and other stakeholder organizations whose policies affect the payments system
- Receive member pricing, discounts and special program opportunities
- Network with other payments industry leaders to share ideas and perspectives
DFI Membership Cost
$38,050 annually, in addition to a one-time capital contribution of $10,000
Feedback from DFIs
"We are very pleased to become a direct member of Nacha and look forward to working with the association on ACH rules and innovative electronic payments solutions."
– Dan Speight, State Bank Vice Chairman and COO
"As a top-50 ACH-originating financial institution, direct Nacha membership enables us to take a more active role at the national level."
– Richard Urrutia, Merrick Bank President