1. Help Yourself. Someday you’re going to need to find the right person at another financial institution to help you. Registering promptly for the ACH Contact Registry gives you access to all the other FI contacts that have registered.
2. Help Others. Someday someone at another FI might need help from your institution. Make it easy for them to find you by registering promptly and keeping your info up to date.
3. It’s Really Really Easy. Get with your colleagues now to determine how your institution will be listed. It can be individual contacts, or you can provide department contact information. List phone numbers and emails.
4. It’s Secure. The information you list in the ACH Contact Registry will be accessible only to authorized users through Nacha’s Risk Management Portal, so it’s secure.
5. Rules are Rules. The ACH Contact Registry is required by a new Nacha Operating Rule. It opens July 1, and all financial institutions using the ACH Network must register by Oct. 30, 2020. The sooner you register, the sooner you’re in compliance.
6. Bragging Rights. Wouldn’t you like to be able to say that your institution was one of the first to register? Be a trendsetter!
I’m in! What do I do next? Access the Nacha Risk Management Portal: https://riskmanagementportal.nacha.org/
Need a hand? The Portal support number is 703-349-4556, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.