March 13, 2020: Continuing Education Temporary Waiver
Now that you are an AAP, it is important to maintain your credential with continuing education. Below is information on how to maintain your AAP designation, including earning and filing continuing education credits (CEC).
When to File
The AAP Accreditation is good for five years. In that five year period accredited professionals must earn 60 CECs, with no more than 20 credits earned per year. AAPs file CECs in the spring of the year after the credits are earned. Credits earned during a calendar year may only be reported in the reporting period specific to the calendar year. For example, credits earned in 2019 may only be reported during the regular filing period, but will be accepted during the late filing period (fee applies). See below:
- The regular filing period is May 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020 ($100/member | $175/non-member)
- The late filing period is April 30, 2020 (additional $50 late fee applies)
Nacha is unable to accept credits outside the current reporting period. If you have not met CEC requirements in the fourth or fifth year of your AAP accreditation, then you can retake the AAP exam.
Please refer to the AAP Continuing Education Credits Reporting Guidelines for information on what educational activities are eligible.
Please note: Nacha conducts 50 audits per year of AAP renewal credits. You must retain copies of your supporting documentation for at least three years. In the event of an audit, any credits that cannot be substantiated will be disqualified.
Ways to Earn Credits
There are many types of educational activities that count toward accreditation renewal. Below are a few examples:
- Attend a professional seminar or training, such as those offered through Nacha or a Payments Association
- Volunteer on certain Nacha or Payments Association committees or Board of Directors
- Publish an article, book or paper on a payments risk topic
- Teach a course or seminar on an AAP-related topic
Steps to File Credits Online
Please follow Steps 1-5 below to file your continuing education credits online.
"Log-in" to the Nacha.org website using your email address, then enter your password.
Scroll down to the blue "Quick Links" menu. Click on "AAP Education Credit," then click on "Pay Credit Submission Fee."
Complete the payment process, then navigate back to AAP Education Credit under "My Profile." Click "Add Your Credits" to open the Self-Reported Credits box.
To enter a self-reported credit, first select the certification area, then enter the activity/event title, number of credits, activity date and program sponsor. Click "Save."
Click "Add Your Credits" to repeat process to report up to a maximum of 20 credits.
Can't File Online?
If you're unable to file your CECs online, please contact Tryann Delaney at Nacha.
Filing Fees and Deadlines
- Regular filing period - May 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020 ($100/member | $175/non-member)
- Late filing period - April 30, 2020 (additional $50 late fee applies)