Electronic Bank Transfers Make Every Donation Count More
- More Money Per Donation. Monthly gifts from donors using electronic bank transfers are on average 55% higher than with other payment types.
- Make Donating Easier. No more counting or carrying cash or checks. Instead, donations made by electronic bank transfers go directly into the organization’s bank or credit union account.
- Save Money. Electronic bank transfers are often less expensive to process than other payment types, meaning more of each donation will go to the programs that donors care about and the overall mission.
Electronic Bank Transfers Help Your Organization Thrive
- Longer Lasting Donors. Sustaining Donors are retained an average of 20% longer when they use electronic bank transfers.
- Align with Donors’ Needs. People, especially younger donors, rarely carry checks or cash, but they are familiar with electronic payments. Plus, signing up is easy.
- A Safe and Secure Option. Electronic bank transfers use bank-level encryption, protecting donors’ information.
Electronic Bank Transfer Success Stories
Nonprofits of all sizes that serve a wide variety of missions have benefited from using electronic bank transfers to collect donations.
Read some of the success stories below.
- American Public Media Group: Encouraging donations by EFT means fewer fees and more generosity for these Public Radio stations. (Opens a PDF)
- Iowa PBS: More than half of Iowa PBS sustainers give by electronic bank transfers- and they also tend to be more generous. (Opens a PDF)
- DonorsChoose: At DonorsChoose, about 65% of the $100 million in corporate and government giving in fiscal year 2022 was by ACH, which works out to about $65 million. (Opens a PDF)